As temperatures in Orlando, Fl continue to skyrocket, pesky insects multiply, and even a small infestation can quickly get out of hand. In these conditions, it is even more critical to get the correct professional treatment for any pests irking you, especially roaches. Now is a great time to schedule a summer inspection, and Sterling Pest Controls (Orlando) is here to help you understand the best measures you can take to control pests in your home or business.
5 Causes Of Summer Pest Controls (Orlando)
There are many reasons why pests tend to enjoy the season of summer the most. Here are our top five.
As temperatures begin to rise, many pests will come out, as this is favorable for their development. However, once temperatures become extreme, pests are more likely to seek indoor shelters, avoiding rising temperatures. Due to this natural inclination, you are more likely to notice a roach infestation once the weather becomes sweltering.
Pests require water to survive, and, therefore, many of them thrive around sources of moisture. Summer days, with their high humidity, are highly favorable for this very reason. Although, in a stretch of dry heat, pests will seek water elsewhere, especially inside.
Abundant Food Sources
During the summer months, most flora is flourishing, which is evident by the fact that you have to spend valuable weekend hours with a trimmer and lawnmower. What you don’t know, though, is that this provides a veritable smorgasbord for cockroaches and other pests. As long as this source of nourishment is provided, the pests will continue to stay around.
Natural Life Cycles
Cold-blooded pests are, by their nature, subject to the weather at any given time. This preference leads them to have life cycles that are based around weather conditions that are favorable to them. Many pest populations, therefore, experience population booms in the warmer months.
Expanded Daylight Hours
As we all know, the days in summer are much longer and the nights shorter. Pests will take advantage of this increased light to feed for longer. As a result, we are more likely to see them in summer, as everyone seeks relaxation outside.
Tips For Prevention
Pests that are drawn out during the summer months can be bothersome, but more than that, they can cause bites that are painful or carry disease. Here are a few tips for prevention:
- Keep your gutters clear, as many pests favor the conditions of blocked gutters for breeding.
- Care for the flora of your yard, clearing a two-foot area around your building, eliminating hiding spots.
- Perform an inspection to be certain there are no obvious points of entry for pests. Seal and weatherstrip any problem areas.
- Make sure the covers on your outdoor cans have lids that fit tightly. Be sure to take advantage of any dumpster cleaning and rotation offered by your local companies managing waste. Doing so is specifically of importance during these months when the heat can increase odors and pests.
- Be sure to wear repellents when working outside.
Are you ready to take pest controls Orlando into your own hands? Sterling Pest Control in Orlando, Fl is here to help. Call or visit us today to schedule a consultation and get started.