Silverfish is a significant pest known to disturb so many residences in Orlando. They are sneaky, and they prefer to fester in areas that have a humid temperature. As little as they seem, they can damage the properties in your household. Over the years, these pests have become a significant pain to so many homes as they find it challenging to get rid of it.
Getting rid of silverfish might be difficult but not impossible. With so many pest control agencies around, it takes the best of them all to get rid of the silverfish problem in your household. If you’re looking for pest control near me, Sterling Pest Control is the ideal company that will keep your home entirely pest-free.
How Pest Control Near Me Explained the Silverfish Pest
The silverfish pest belongs to the family of zygentoma, and they all possess triple bristles at their bottom. The name silverfish comes from their silvery color, and as they move, their movements seem limbless because of the very tiny legs they possess. Suppose you’re wondering how they can be identified. It’s simple. They’ve got two long extensive antennae in front, and they have a way of moving in a wriggling manner.
The Reason for their Infestation
Why do silverfishes infest people’s homes? It’s simple, humidity. These pests thrive in humid conditions, and your family has lots of it. Secondly, they are attracted to carbohydrates and polysaccharides hence the reason for their scientific name saccharina. They can consume products like oat and flour. Other items they also consume are clothing and papers. Due to their starch and sugar consumption coupled with their love for humid areas, you can be sure to find silverfish pests lurking in the following areas in your home:
- Kitchen: The sink areas in your kitchen are usually moist, and these are the best areas they can be found.
- Bathroom: We all know that the bathroom is the best humid place in the home because it is where we take baths and warm showers. Silverfish pests prefer to cluster in areas close to the bathtub and the washing sink.
- Basement: The basement of the house is mostly cold and littered with lots of items. They find this location to hideout and eat clothing and paper materials around.
Problems Caused By Silverfish
Once silverfish begin to reside in the home, they cause a lot of problems. The ailments they cause might not be too severe; however, as time goes on, they can become very detrimental to our health. The following are the problems you will encounter when your home is infested with silverfish:
- Health Problem: They aren’t the type of pests that transmit viruses; however, they can cause severe allergies by transmitting microbes all over your home.
- Property Damages: Since they consume items like clothing, glue, and paper, you can be sure that every similar property as such in your home will subsequently get damaged from their attacks.
- Frequent Reproduction: Silverfish reproduce quickly; it takes just 20 days for their eggs to hatch, causing more infestation in the home.
Suppose you experience silverfish problems in your Orlando residence, and you require the best pest control near me. In that case, Sterling Pest Control will offer the best services that will eradicate every single pest from your home. To learn more about us, click here.