You are hungry. Why not eat some cereal? You suddenly find yourself walking to your kitchen pantry to grab the box of your favorite fruit-flavored sweetened corn puffs. You grab a bowl and some chilled milk from the fridge. Just as you empty the contents of the cereal into the bowl you notice something different. Three large cockroaches are swimming across your breakfast. Bon appetit. Dealing with roaches is no joke. They seem to be the bug the won’t stop buggin’. Here at Sterling Pest Control, we will ensure that this never becomes a problem. We are trained exterminators who will kill all types of roaches. We are the best pest control Orlando.
Disgusting Roach Facts
- A cockroach can live a week without a head. They have an open circulatory system. This means they can breathe through little holes in each of the body segments.
- They can hold their breath for 40 minutes. I can even survive while being submerged underwater for half an hour.
- Roaches can run up to 3 miles in an hour. This means they can spread germs and bacteria through a home very fast.
- Newborn German cockroaches become adults in as little as 36 days. In fact, the German cockroach is the most common of the cockroaches and has been implicated in outbreaks of illness and allergic reactions in many people.
- A day old cockroach that is about the size of a speck of dust can run just as fast as its parents.
- American cockroaches love alcohol, especially beer. They are attracted by the alcohol mixed with hops and sugar.
- They are believed to have been around for over 280 million years.
- There are over 4,000 species worldwide.
- They can live without food for one month, and they can survive one week without water.
- They will eat your children while they sleep. Well, not exactly, but they will feed on their toenails, eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair when they are deep in slumber.
- Because of their exoskeletons, cockroaches can fit through a gap as small as a quarter of their body height.
- Cockroaches trigger asthma and other allergies too!
- There are bacteria on roaches that live inside them in and help them survive.
- Once a female becomes pregnant only one time, they lay eggs for the rest of their entire life.
- A female roach can lay up to 2 million eggs per year.
With all these crazy facts, no wonder roaches are so hard to get rid of. You need to leave it to the professionals to handle these disgusting creatures. They are no joke. They are soldiers.
Types Of Roaches
Here is a list of the most common roaches in Florida:
- The American Cockroach
- The German Cockroach
- The Asian Cockroach
- The Smokybrown Cockroach
Dealing with all these insects almost requires pest control Orlando.
Contact us Today
Dealing with all different types of roaches is no joke. You need them out of your home, and you need it to happen now! At Sterling Pest Control, we offer top-quality pest control, exterminator and animal control services in Orlando, FL and surrounding areas. Call us today and get professional assistance form the best pest control Orlando.